Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Gelli Print Cards :)

Yey, second post in a week!  LOL



So last fall/early summer I got a gelli plate.  From only 4 sessions with it out - I have a one inch thick STACK of printed papers LOL! They have been sitting in my storage bin... waiting.  The prints are so neat... you never know what you will end up with, some are eww  ( yey collage!  yey paint over them!) and some are ooooooh!  I love the gamble... and if you use cheap paper, the gamble isn't worth much but the joy of pretty background papers is something!  I am guessing the more you use it, you develop "an understanding" of how great prints can come together and come out more often ;)

More and more crafters are getting on the gelli plate bandwagon.  They make excellent background papers for your cards... and envelopes!  While in a rut, and while waiting for an oil change in town, I headed to my LSS and bought a We R Memory Keepers envelope punch board.  I have to admit I was having more fun making making the envelopes from my gelli prints than making the cards :O.  I have the 8X10 plate and had a 2 ish inch strip of print left over from the printed paper after I made the envelope... so I made coordinating cards.  Cards and envelopes are A2. 



For the gelli prints, I used craft acrylic paints, various stencils, bubble wrap and foam rubber textured mats, and on the pink card I stamped doodled flowers in gold ink on the gelli print.  The flower and butterfly images were coloured with colored pencils and dry blended and sometimes a bit of blending with a Prismacolor blending marker. 

Digital Images Used:
Happy Flowers Digi Set
Monarch Butterfly Digi

Have a great day!

:)*  Fred

1 comment:

Victoria said...

I love the way you coordinated the card and envelope!
Thanks so much for sharing, great idea!