Monday, February 01, 2010

My offending ribbon & Monday PICK ME UP

I issued a  Fun With Fred challenge last week, in a moment of craziness LOL!  You are to use a ribbon you blindly pick out of your stash  OR choose one that has been "perplexing" you, like colours you don't normally use, or pattern or it is just CRAZY.  It is just for fun, if you would like to "perplex yourself" grab a ribbon, make a project and post it on the FSS Group Comment Wall.    Well I chose and it took me a few days to get it together LOL.  It DOTH perplexed me!!!  The ribbon I chose is in an autumn stripe... these are colours I just don't normally use... ( look around my blog and the various assortment of pastels LOL)  Well, it came together in the end... and also leads to this week's   MONDAY PICK ME UP.  I used a paper I designed but haven't got around to working it into anything.  A "petite fleurs" patterned paper.  This pack contains 5 little flowery papers.  And can be downloaded HERE.  ( UPDATE: Link fixed JUNE 2017)

CARD DEETS:
Green background paper is ink brayered to get that soft blocky look then CB embossed.  The leaves and paper strip are sponged with distress inks.  EK Success border punches and MS butterfly stamp/punch combo, Bosskut daisy leaves die, orange stickles.  Perplexing Ribbon... no idea, a gift from a friend.  My digital petite fleurs paper in yellow orange.  I coloured the Flower with pencils/OMS.

Happy Monday!
:)*  Fred

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for the "Monday Pick me up". The papers are really nice.

Candy said...

I think your card turned out wonderful using the ribbon you chose! I LOVE your paper. I can hardly wait to get home to download it. Thank you very much!!!
Hugs, Candy

scotspanda said...

lovely card Tracey, challenge well met I say!

lotsalove

Amanda xx

Cindy N. said...

Love your card. You succeeded well with your ribbon. Thank you for the papers.

Carolivy said...

Very cute card Tracey! I love your new paper!
Hugs
Carol

Unknown said...

Hi Tracey!
I saw this card first on "Card of the Week" and had to come comment!
I would not have known what to do with that ribbon either but your card turned out soooo pretty!
Congrats on being "Best of the Blogosphere!
Hugs,
True :D

Anonymous said...

thank you

mel m. m. mccarthy said...

You made that "interesting" ribbon look Incredible! LOVE the wee butterfly & of course the gorgeous flower.

sassyb07 said...

thanks for sharing your wonderful papers!
hugs, Valerie

Trimgym said...

Thank you for sharing these with us.

Jo.

Charlene said...

Great card...your ribbon pick looks wonderful with it. Thanks so much for the beautiful paper.