Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Some Cards and NEW Faux Foldy Flowers

I have been busy making cards and messes in the process LOL! I have also been working behind the scenes to open up an online storefront. It is not ready for prime time yet but will be soon :) My plan is to also offer a Monday Freebie, why should you wait until Friday for a freebie? LOL Mondays need a pick me up!

I designed some new flowers, they will be available shortly and in numerous flavours ;) Any requests for colours? :) Hint - the comment thingy! wink wink nudge nudge LOL

I've been working around sick people, both the kids and now my husband are down for the count. The son seems to be bouncing back, he has been terrorizing his little sister... good sign ;)

Here are the faux foldy flowers....

This one was stamped with one of the flourishes on the stamp sheet my first doodledallion ( Paisleys ) is on with Brilliance pearlescent coral ink. I am finding this stamp very versatile. Get Well is PSX. The bottom paper is Brenda Walton in a Super K pack I picked up cheap at Winners. There is moss green H2O's lightly brushed on the crimped leaves, yellow Stickles glue on the flower center. These flowers are easy and take only 3 flower images to make. They also have crease lines on petals to follow, I use a ruler and the skinny end of a dry embossing tool to crease. FYI - the faux foldy flowers: they can also be tea bag folded but in a different way.



Here is another one with Brenda Walton paper. I painted some paper with light blue H2O's and punched some flowers and added some yellow stickles. I hope to be purchasing some leafy or ferny punches or dies. Does anyone know of any good leaf die sets? The hubby brought me home a Cuttlebug.... woohoo!!!! I have one embossing folder and I am working on a wish list ;)




Here is another Stained Glass Floral Doodledallion. I used the Laurentien pencils and OMS and, YES, the colours are that brilliant in RL! Next medallion I make will use the honest-to-goodness expensive Prismacolor ones LOL! I spent big time for them, I might as well use them LOL.

7 comments:

trulyblessed said...

These cards are gorgeous!!! Love the new flowers and uhhhmmmm - purple! LOL

Anonymous said...

I agree, I love your work!!!! What about a peachy color?

Barbara said...

Wonderful Tracey.
Smiles, Barbara

Anonymous said...

these are awesome cards

Jilly said...

These are great Tracey they look really effective, I will look out for some leaf dies for the cuttlebug i could do with some too

Carolyn said...

Love your new flowers Tracey. Blue and pink are beautiful and how about a mauve/purple. I love what you have done with them
Carolyn

Anonymous said...

love these new flowers too and as for colours.... every colour please - although I'd like to see some in funky tangerine and perhaps lime. Non traditional flower colours I guess.